Thursday 30 October 2014

Hot Stuff?

What was the biggest talking point at Portman Road on Saturday? The stewards, stopping supporters from taking hot food into the ground? Or Town dropping two points from a winning position, for the second week running? Both could give cause for indigestion!




Just about made it for kick-off!



Huddersfield were the visitors along with their recent loan signing and ITFC nemesis Grant Holt. Even before Tommy Smith had given Town the lead from a Teddy Bishop corner, in the twenty-first minute, I thought that the three points were ours to lose, perhaps it was the prematch Adnams clouding my judgement?
Smith's fellow centre half Christophe Berra doubled our lead after fifty-five minutes and we looked well in control. However, things changed when Holt won a dubious penalty for the Terriers with twenty minutes left to go - bastard, which Nahki Wells converted in front of the North Stand.
Wells added his and Huddersfield's second goal, with a header, in the eighty-second minute and then the visitors looked the more likely team to get a winner.
How frustrating, for the second week running I left Portman Road feeling as if we had lost.
Saturday had started so well for me, with my now customary 8am running session in Christchurch Park. The weather sunny and very mild for the time of year, perfect for football.
Sharon was away with work, so I took a good healthy appetite, along with Max, to the Holeshot Cafe for a 'Full House' breakfast and it didn't disappoint.
We went to the Lord Nelson for a pre-match drink, along with several of the BMFC  boys, my choice was Adnams Ghostship, which was poured straight from the cask.
It was 2.40pm by the time I'd finished my third pint! So a brisk walk to Portman Road was therefore required.
I could hear the teams coming onto the pitch as we passed by Sir Alf - being late for football never happens in my world, just ask Sharon!
After the match we went to Degeros for 'one' which turned into another three (I think). Sharon picked me up from there at about 7pm, leaving Max to fend for himself!


No comments:

Post a Comment